John M. Wilkie
Attorney at Law

Helping Immigrants Secure Green Cards

At the office of attorney John Wilkie, we have protected the rights of people throughout east and central Illinois for over 30 years, handling immigration issues since 2001. We understand the stress and anxiety that can come when you are dealing with immigration issues. We work hard to make ourselves available when you need us or to promptly return your calls or emails if we are helping other clients.

We also know, from experience, that every situation is different. We will listen carefully to your concerns and questions so that we can employ strategies that will help meet your specific goals.

Our Immigration Practice

We focus our immigration practice on helping people from other countries get a green card so that you can legally reside and work in the United States. There are generally two ways that we can help you do that.

  • Family-based immigration applications. If you have certain relatives who are American citizens, or lawful permanent residents, we can help you apply for a family-based visa or fiancé(e) visa. We can handle these types of visa applications, whether you are temporarily visiting the United States legally, or wish to apply through the U.S. Consulate in your own country. If you entered the United States illegally, though, you will, under current law, have to leave the country and apply through the consulate, even if you have married an American citizen. In certain circumstances, we may be able to help you reduce the length of the required time abroad with a hardship petition.

Contact Attorney John Wilkie

We provide a free initial consultation to every new client. To schedule an appointment, contact us online or call our office at 217-903-4166 (toll free at 1-888-551-8087). Our office is located at the corner of Neil and Main in Champaign. We keep flexible hours and are available to meet with you evenings or weekends upon request.

Se habla español.